Here’s another example about writing a macro in VBA editor to calculate the total of salary and perks. To write a macro in Microsoft Excel you need a knowledge of the programming language Visual Basic for Applications(VBA). VBA is easy to learn and gives you a powerful tool to automate your work in Microsoft Excel. Also you can create new applications in Microsoft Excel if you can write macros. Practice will make you perfect.
- Click on Tools in the menu bar.
- Select Macro.
- Select Visual Basic Editor.
- In the Visual Basic editor window, select ‘Insert’ from menu bar.
- Select Module.
- Start writing your code as demonstrated.
- First we write the name of the macro myMacro()
- Next we access cell address C2 and assign it the value of B2 (salary).
- We access D2 and assign it the value of sum of C2 and B2.
- In this manner the total salary package is calculated.
- The idea is to practice and learn how to create macros using the VBA editor.
Writing a formula using a macro